In this workshop I’ll take you on a journey through the inner workings of my style of photography. The work that allows me to shoot campaigns at a high level and to work as a full time photographer. It is the way I see the world and the work that brings me joy in photography.
This workshop will be of interest to those who have similar taste, or to those who want to understand the technical elements of my work to apply it to their own style. You will need a basic understanding of lighting for this workshop and it would be worth investing in “A new way of lighting” if you need a bit of a crash course in how to light first.
This workshop will cover an array of topics. Some for the first time, and others as an example of how they are applied to my work. The workshop its self will be a deep dive into the below subjects, but specifically from the viewpoint of my own work. It will be a mix of theory and practical examples.
We will cover;
- What is within the scope of my work and how I continue to create new work within it without getting stuck in a rut
- How I create narrative in my work whilst remaining in my very simple style of work and how that differs from other styles of photography
- Choosing how to portray my subject
- Camera gear selection and use
- Lighting gear selection, modifier selection, and how I use them
- Prop sourcing
- Background creation
- Deciding what items work for the photograph
- How I colour grade my work
- What I fix in post and what I fix in camera
- Where and why I place my lights (This is perhaps the most important section to my work)
- Tackling different issues in lighting my work
- Focus stacking
- Tilt shift lenses and technical camera use
- Finding the perfect subject for my style of work from hundreds of the same items
- Making the subject the hero – how I approach each subject
There will then be a live Q&A as usual via zoom for the first 100 people who get the discounted price. After this the price will match my other workshops available. The Q&A is going to be held on a Sunday in late November / early December (tbc due to shooting schedules) at 2pm GMT. If you cannot attend you can submit questions in advance as the call is recorded for everyone. The workshop will be sent out via digital download no later than a week before the Q&A.